Welcome to the SUPERLOAD online permitting system. This site issues permits for oversize / overweight vehicles along State Routes Only.
For any single permit request that utilize county/local route segments to connect between State routes, the permit request should identify the connecting routes(county/local) in comment area when sent for review. Requests without this information will be returned/denied.
Permit requests for County, Local or Toll roads are handled through those respective agencies. To access contact information for County and Local authorities go to http://nj.gov/nj/gov/county
**** The NJDOT Permit Office has upgraded the NJGotPermits website to a newer version. The permit types and basic functionality has not changed; however, there is a newer look and feel including an updated trip routing capability.
The newer system is made available from 8:00 am on Nov. 30th. Carrier and Permit Service admins received an email with instructions on how to log into the site. After logging in, they can create additional users for their company by clicking on My Admin and then going to the Users page ****
To view the new system training videos, please go to our homepage on nj.gotpermits.com
ROUTE SURVEY REQUIREMENTS
Route survey is required when the overall width exceeds 16' or height exceeds 14' 6''. Survey must be attached within your application.
I-295 SB RESTRICTION
Delaware River and Bay Authority (DRBA) has placed a BAN on OW vehicles over the Delaware Memorial Bridge (I-295 SB has a weight restriction of 20,000 lbs per axle and I-295NB has a weight restriction of 80,000 lbs GVW) until December 31st, 2019.
CHANGES WITH THE NEW SYSTEMThe latest version of NJGOTPERMITS system will work on Google Chrome, Apple Mac, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
HOLIDAY / TIME RESTRICTIONS
An oversize permit shall not be valid for the operation of a vehicle on the following holidays:* New Year's Day
* Memorial Day and Friday before Memorial Day
* Independence Day
* Labor Day and the Friday before Labor Day
* Thanksgiving Day and the Wednesday before
* Christmas DayIf these holidays fall on a Sunday, the operation shall not be permitted on the following Monday. If these holidays fall on a Saturday, the operation shall not be permitted on the preceding Friday.
An oversize permit shall not be valid during the nighttime hours of sunset to sunrise.
For inquiries concerning logins, waiver requests, clearance, restrictions related issues, or operation of the site, please contact Trucking Services Permit Office at 609-530-6089 during normal business hours of 7:30 am- 4:00 pm. You may also email us at: Superload.Permits@dot.nj.gov Please contact at 609-530-2579 if your application status shows 'Engineer Review Required' & 'Pending Technical Review'.
For after hours emergencies during weekends or holidays, please call NJDOT's Incident Management Office at 609-588-6212.
Enter your username and password
- Reference Material• Frequently Asked Questions
• OS/OW Statute under Title 39:3-84
• OS/OW Rules under N.J.A.C. 13:18
• Permit Fees
• Routing Codes
• MilePosting Information Along State and County Routes
• List of Permit Service Companies
• Access New York State’s Permit System as a Permit Service
• Access New York State’s Permit System as a Carrier
• PANYNJ Trucker’s Guide/Traffic Rules & Regulations
• OS/OW Quick Reference Guide
• New Jersey Commercial Vehicle Size & Weight Guidebook