Welcome to the SUPERLOAD online permitting system. This site issues permits for oversize / overweight vehicles along State Routes Only.
**** NJ DOT's Superload unit will be working remotely as a result of the coronavirus crisis. Please leave a detailed voicemail message at 609-963-2085. We will be checking messages regularly. A call will be returned to you, as soon as possible. If your application status is showing "Sent to Bridge Office", please contact the Bridge unit at 609-963-1334 ****
For any single permit request that utilize county/local route segments to connect between State routes, the permit request should identify the connecting routes(county/local) in comment area when sent for review. Requests without this information will be returned/denied.
Permit requests for County, Local or Toll roads are handled through those respective agencies. To access contact information for County and Local authorities go to http://nj.gov/nj/gov/county
Customers who wish to request a permit from the New Jersey Turnpike Authority should call the Authority's Operations division at 732-442-8600, extension 5184
Customers applying for Oceanborne permits are advised to choose a start date for the permit one week from the date the permit is applied for, to allow time for the permits to reach you via US Mail.
ROUTE SURVEY REQUIREMENTS
Route survey is required when the overall width exceeds 16' or height exceeds 14' 6''. Survey must be attached within your application. Surveys must be no more than 30 days old.
HOLIDAY / TIME RESTRICTIONS
An oversize permit shall not be valid for the operation of a vehicle on the following holidays:* New Year's Day
* Memorial Day and Friday before Memorial Day
* Independence Day
* Labor Day and the Friday before Labor Day
* Thanksgiving Day and the Wednesday before
* Christmas DayIf these holidays fall on a Sunday, the operation shall not be permitted on the following Monday. If these holidays fall on a Saturday, the operation shall not be permitted on the preceding Friday.
An oversize permit shall not be valid during the nighttime hours of sunset to sunrise.
For inquiries concerning logins, waiver requests, clearance, restrictions related issues, or operation of the site, please contact Trucking Services Permit Office at 609-963-2085 during normal business hours of 8:00 am- 4:00 pm. You may also email us at: Superload.Permits@dot.nj.gov Please contact 609-963-1334 for Overweight related inquires, if your application status shows "Sent to Bridge Office"
For after hours emergencies during weekends or holidays, please call NJDOT's Incident Management Office at 609-588-6212.
Enter your username and password
- NEW Reference MaterialBelow you will find links to two very useful pieces of reference material. The first is the "OS/OW Quick Reference Guide". This is a quick reference guide that highlights legal size and weight limits for various commercial vehicle types within New Jersey. The second is the "New Jersey Commercial Vehicle Size & Weight Guidebook". This more detailed guide provides a good summary of all commercial vehicle size & weight regulations within New Jersey as well as more detail on the OS/OW Permitting process in New Jersey. If you would like a hard copy of either of these materials, please send us an email request with your name and address to Superload.Permits@dot.nj.gov.
- Reference Material• Frequently Asked Questions
• OS/OW Statute under Title 39:3-84
• OS/OW Rules under N.J.A.C. 13:18
• Permit Fees
• Routing Codes
• MilePosting Information Along State and County Routes
• List of Permit Service Companies
• Access New York State’s Permit System as a Permit Service
• Access New York State’s Permit System as a Carrier
• PANYNJ Trucker’s Guide/Traffic Rules & Regulations
• OS/OW Quick Reference Guide
• New Jersey Commercial Vehicle Size & Weight Guidebook